Monday, October 24, 2005

What a beautiful, crisp autumn morning in central Texas. Today, I'm off to west Texas for a couple of days for two reasons. The first is to visit with four candidates for the Youth Ministry at Marble Falls. Through my good friend, mentor and LCU professor, Dale Mannon, I have contacted four highly recommended guys. Please keep these visits in your prayers -- that God will make very clear to myself, the candidates, and the people at Marble Falls His choice for the youth ministry staff position.

The second reason I'm heading to Lubbock is to attend the Ministry Renewal Conference hosted by Lubbock Christian University. I am excited about seeing a new Christians campus and being exposed to some wonderful, encouraging insights that will renew my ministry.

-------------

Okay, my Astros prediction is looking a little shaky. But who would have thought Roger Clemens and Brad Lidge would both implode in the first two games of the series. If Brandon Backe doesn't come up big in game four, the Astros are finished (they may be finished already if Lidge can't get over the hump -- he still seems to be afflicted by the moonshot Albert Pujols hit off of him in game five of the LCS).