Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's Wednesday...but Friday's coming...and I can't wait!

Friday, my family and I will be back in Arkansas to begin a Thanksgiving holiday vacation with our family and friends back in Arkansas. I've always been one of those guys throughout our ministry moves who might leave Arkansas but Arkansas never leaves me. Arkansas is home.

Friday though brings another opportunity for one of my favorite community/church functions. Jimmy has scheduled a tailgate party in advance of the Jessieville/Junction City playoff game at Lions Stadium. I can't wait to visit with all our good friends in the church family. I can't wait to visit with my ole bunny, Dan ("naw, you?). Jimmy and I are going to spend Friday buying the groceries and preparing the food (I think I'll let Jimmy cut the onions -- they always bring him to tears). I've already promised Jimmy I'd man one of the grills.

The Lions head into the game 1 point favorites according to Hooten's Arkansas Football. A win this Friday over Junction City will likely force a rematch the day after Thanksgiving with perennial power Harding Academy. Last year, in one of the most exciting football games I've ever seen, Jessieville knocked off Harding 58-52 to advance to the Class AA semifinals. The tables are set (football-wise) for a repeat of last year. Here's hoping the Lions have what it takes to make 2005 a copy of 2004!