Saturday, November 19, 2005

Last night was anything but balmy! In fact, I froze until Jamie Saveall lent me his hunting jacket and gloves.

Like the weather, the Jessieville defense froze up in the fourth quarter. The Lions ended their fourth consecutive 10-win season last night at 10-2 with a 34-21 loss to perennial AA power, Junction City. A undermanned Lion team fought valiantly but came up short.

In Northwest Arkansas last night, the Springdale Bulldog semi-pro/high school team (ranked as the #3 high school football team in the nation) defeated Benton 49-0.

I'm anxious to check the West Viriginia Gazette momentarily to see how the Hurricane Redskins did last night in their quarterfinal game with Cabell-Midland.

--------------------

Another sports note: Orel Hershiser is leaving the Rangers dugout -- not for the Los Angeles Dodgers as has been presumed -- but for the Rangers front office, working in a Vice-President role to team president, Jeff Cogan. That'll be an interesting development to watch as to how Hershiser will influence the future make-up of the club.

--------------------

"God, I'm not trying to rule the roost,
I don't want to be king of the mountain.
I haven't meddled where I have no business
or fantasized grandiose plans.

I've kept my feet on the ground,
I've cultivated a quiet heart.
Like a baby content in its mother's arms,
my soul is a baby content.

Wait...for God. Wait with hope.
Hope now; hope always!" (Psalm 131)