Monday, December 19, 2005

Today will be a special day in the life of my blog. According to my Sitemeter this morning, the 31st hit today will mark the 5,000th hit since I began counting hits to my site about 5 months ago. I know some guys have blogs that get 1,000 hits a day. But this blog, the small fish in the big pond that it is, is grateful for 1,000 hits each month.

I do hope as I work through some of my thoughts on God, life, applying the Word to everyday life, church, growth and the Texas Rangers that you are blessed.

Here's what I'll do. For the 5,000th hit -- and since this is the season for giving gifts -- I will give a special gift! Tomorrow morning, I will make note in my blog of the 5,000th hit and if you are the lucky person and you will email me, I will send you a gift to open on Christmas Day (if it arrives by then).

---------------------

Today is the first day of the Christmas break for Trae so we are off to San Antonio today. We are going to take the girls by Fiesta Texas (Six Flags in San Antonio) and Sea World and then head down to the Riverwalk to take in the sights and enjoy lunch.

---------------------

What a fantastic weekend we have had in Marble Falls! Saturday night, the Lewis family hosted the Youth Group and their parents for a fellowship and devotional. It was awesome! Yesterday was a true blessing with the privilege of worship God as a family of believers. Last night, we enjoyed the 3rd annual Family Hayride and Christmas caroling in Meadowlakes, courtesy of the hospitality of Dent & Kelly Offutt.

Tonight, the fun continues with the Youth Group Christmas caroling. The kids will be singing for some of our older church members and at one of the nursing homes in town. Following the caroling, all of the kids are coming to our house to eat and enjoy a Christmas movie. Allan and I lobbied hard for the greatest Christmas movie ever, "It's a Wonderful Life." But the kids vetoed us! Instead, we will have to suffer through "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

----------------------

Good luck today on being the 5,000th hit!