Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Last night was a not so subtle reminder of why I am grateful to no longer be coaching high school baseball.

We had tryouts for the Marble Falls Youth Softball Association last night. This will mark Trae's fourth softball season and despite my status as a "newbie" in Marble Falls, I was privileged to be selected as coach of one of the teams.

So, anyway, last night we had tryouts. It was everybit of 40 degrees with a light mist for the duration of the three hour tryout. I was cold. No that's an understatement. I was so cold I felt as though my bones were numb.

Is there some way the meterological folk could find a balance between last night's weather and last September's 110 degree days?

-----------------------

It has been a blessing to have my Mom here for the past week. She came in for Tori's second birthday, which was last Friday. Last night, she and Trae took in a movie together (Trae didn't have to tryout since she is automatically placed on her daddy's team). I've been blessed to watch and listen to my Mom sing with my girls, play with my girls and pray with my girls. That is a priceless gift.

-----------------------

Tonight, the Lady Mustangs move into the Regional Quarterfinal with a game against Kerrville Tivy at Dripping Springs beginning at 6:15. Two of our young ladies from church, Megan Long and Carla McCoy, have been catalysts during the Lady Mustangs 31-2 run this season. Good luck to the girls this evening!