Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This morning, when I enjoy breakfast at the home of J.D. and Norma Nix, it will put the total number of Woodward Park members I have eaten with over the 100 mark. There is nothing like breaking bread at a table of sharing to build relationships, depth and genuine fellowship.

But...I wonder if the elders here might reconsider adding a clothing allowance to the compensation package? I'm fearing my expanding waistline won't allow me to fit into any of my suit pants come Sunday!

-----------------

The Rangers are toast -- nothing like a 5-game losing streak on a road trip through Anaheim and Oakland. The Rangers now sit 6 1/2 games back in the AL West with the A's and Angels both surging.

I guess the summer swoon is in full gear. Oh well, there's always next year!

-----------------


"I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth" (Psalm 121.1,2).

What an absolutely magnificent sunrise this morning. When I left home for the office at 5:45 A.M., the sun peeking over the Sierra Nevada mountain range to the east was incredible. The mornings here in Fresno provide a break in the smog effect and the visiblity of God's handiwork is on pristine display.

Perhaps it was a morning just like this morning that prompted the hymn writer to pen the words of Psalm 121. The mountains and the rising sun evidence the majesty of their Maker -- the LORD whose aid, help and compassion for His own are readily available.

Does today find you in need of aid that only God can provide? Does today find you already feeling overwhelmed with the crush of the daily grind? Are you anxious about your job, your family, your children, or maybe even a cross-country relocation? Then today, carve out some time to "cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5.7).