Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What a day! 14 hours of driving, another temporary separation from the three most beautiful girls I know, food on the go, non-stop baseball talk thanks to the trading dealine on XM satellite radio, and a quiet hotel room just outside of Tucson, Arizona (the truth is I never thought I'd make it to El Paso! Good grief West Texas is big).

What a weekend! The pain of the departure from Marble Falls was overwhelmed by the joy and enthusiasm of three baptisms on Sunday. What a sincere blessing every member of the Marble Falls church was to me and my family on Sunday. Thank you for surrounding us with love.

What a birthday! On August 1, 1984, twenty-two years ago today, my grandfather baptized me into Jesus in the waters of Lake Greeson at Camp Barton. My physical life numbers 35 years, but today, I celebrate 22 years of life in Christ. Each year on this day, I find time to pause and reflect: have I grown in Christ in the last year? Is my understanding of God's will for my life deeper? Am I more submissive to the Lordship of Jesus over every area of my life? Am I growing in grace and truth?

So, when is your spiritual birthday? Does that day hold special, spiritual memories and blessings for you? If not, let me encourage you to carve out time on that day each year to reflect on your spiritual maturity.