Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This morning, Erick Boggs will be going into St. Agnes for a an outpatient heart procedure. Erick and Heidi and their kids have been so gracious to my family in our transition to Fresno. I have been so impressed with Erick and Heidi's faith in the face of Erick's various ailments.

I hope as you read this, you will pause and lift before the Lord Erick today.

---------------

As I watched the close of the Oklahoma-Oregon game on Saturday, I couldn't help but think of my dear friends, Sam and Betty Laird. Oklahoma lost to Oregon 34-33 thanks to a couple of missed calls by the officials, including one terrible call on an Oregon onside kick that was bothced by the replay official.

So, it should come as no surprise that my MSNBC Sports email this morning had this interesting link.

--------------

Bobby Ross with the Christian Chronicle has written an excellent article on Houston Astros' hitting coach Cecil Cooper. Cooper, a former member of "Harvey's Wallbangers" with the Milwaukee Brewers, is a man of faith and his story, as relayed by Bobby, is so encouraging. Give it a look.

---------------

As I finalize the reflections I will share this morning at the service to celebrate the life and faith of Clyde Ramsey, I am reminded again of the depth and comfort of this promise of Jesus: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14.1-3).

My God bless you today with assurance -- assurance that the promises of Jesus are true. My prayer for you this day is that the cirucmstances you face in your life will serve to strengthen your resolve to be with Jesus.

There's a Great Day coming! I can't wait! What about you?