Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yesterday afternoon, Tori and I were in the backyard. Tori was playing while I was flipping through the latest edition of Discipleship Journal. I noticed Tori was singing and as I listened closer, I recognized the tune: "Deep and Wide." Only Tori wasn't saying, "Deep and Wide," she was saying, "Cheese and Why."

Out of the mouths of babes....

---------------

Speaking of babes, my little sis Melissa called last night to tell us that she is now dialated three centimeters. Melissa and Ryan are awaiting the imminent arrival of their first children; they are having twins, a boy and a girl.

I am so proud of my sister and brother-in-law. Having suffered through the pain of two miscarriages, the excitement and joy of the arrival of Trae and Tori's cousins is pure joy for the entire Gardner and Halford families. God has blessed Ryan and Melissa tremendously and now they will soon know the unspeakable joy of holding in their hands the most precious of God's gifts.

Keep my little sis in your prayers, that the deliveries will be easy and without complication and that the little fella and gal will be healthy and strong.

And hey, Mel, do your husband a favor. Don't go into labor tonight around 7:15 CST. You wouldn't want to force your husband to have to choose between the births of his children and his lifelong passion for the Cardinals, would you?

----------------

Bobby Ross has written an interesting recap of the forum held at Freed-Hardeman last weekend discussing the ongoing conversation between Churches of Christ and Christian churches.