Thursday, November 09, 2006

Congratulations to Janis Nelsen, the aforementioned employee of the Oklahoma State Senate, who was visitor #25,000 last week. As a token of appreciation, Janis will be receiving a copy of Philip Gulley's Home to Harmony, the book that launched the Harmony series.

---------------

Janis and I have traded emails this week and it is so good to reconnect with someone I hadn't had any contact with in several years.

Janis and her husband, Gary, were members at the Village Church of Christ when we moved there in 1998. Janis worked with Michael Rogers at MDR Properties and was a real asset to me before during those times when we were between secretaries at the Village church.

One of the real beauties of this blog in particular, and the internet in general, is the forum it provides to catch-up and reconnect with friends from long ago.

---------------

I mentioned yesterday the challenge of unearthing Jesus's teaching on stewardship in Luke 12. Another dear friend, Erich Robinson, read that and sent me an essay by Ray Mayhew entitled Embezzlement: The Corporate Sin of Contemporary Christianity? and some accompanying opinions from Larry James, Director of Central Dallas Ministries.

Add to that the conversations I've had with John and Jimmy, with Sandy and Clyde, with Lanny and Michael -- the world just isn't as large as it used to be!

---------------

Rick and Gail are coming home. I miss them both, so much, but they begin their journey toward home for holidays this weekend. They'll be coming from LAX to Fresno for a couple of days and I am so excited. They'll be our first out-of-town guests since our move to Fresno -- and their visit comes from a continent away!

Since becoming friends in 1998, Rick has been "iron" for me and has "sharpened my saw" so many times. The promise of a reunion with Rick and Gail next week has my spirit soaring today! I can't wait to hear what God is doing in Cambodia through their ministry.