Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy #9 Trae Girl

Dear Trae Girl,

Wow! Today you are turning nine-years old. The time has gone so, so fast!

I can remember it like it was yesterday bringing you home from the hospital. The day of your birth in Gainesville, Florida was one of the most precious days of my life. The Bible tells us that children are a gift from the Lord and the first time I held you, well, I felt as if heaven were in my hands.

Trae, you are an angel to me and mommy. We struggle to understand how fortunate we are to have been chosen by God to be your parents. As God's gift to me and mommy, you have brought us joy, happiness, laughter and so many wonderful memories.

Seeing you at jazz and ballet is to behold pure grace. To watch you play with your friends is pure delight. Playing pitch with you is pure fun. Watching you help your little sister around the house and at the park is pure service. Seeing you ride a horse is pure fulfillment. Reading with you at night is pure bliss.

I know the last two years of have been tough for you, what with changing schools as we have moved. I think you so much your young faith that has looked upon these challenges for what they are -- your parents best effort at following the lead of God in the life of our family. I want you to know today, as you turn nine-years old, how incredibly proud I am of you. You have handled every challenge in your young life with great courage. You are a brave young lady, beautiful inside and out.

As your daddy, I want you to know that I consider you not only a gift from God and a wonderful daughter, but I consider you to be one of my very best friends in the whole world. Thank you for all the things you have taught me about enjoying life, about laughter, and about love.

Have a great birthday, Trae Girl! And always remember, your daddy thinks the world of you!

I Love You Sweetheart,

Dad