Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Sabbath

On Sunday, I filled in for Paul, teaching the teens about the meaning of the Sabbath and its application in our 21st century lives. The Sabbath was God's invention for the sake of mankind.

At the end of creation, God pronounced his handiwork as "good" and then took a day off. If God needed a break, we humans need to follow his example and rest, even from the good things in our lives.

For over 2 1/2 years now, I have tried to write in this space five days a week. It is a good thing for me as I "disentangle my thoughts through my fingertips." But even that good thing, for me at least, can become a chore rather than a blessing.

So, I am taking a self-imposed Sabbath from blogging for one month. With the Spiritual Growth Workshop looming, Prime Time resuming, and the continual demands of teaching, preaching and counseling, I am forcing myself to break with blogging for one month.

So, till October 11th, may the grace of God and the peace of Jesus Christ be with you and yours. Talk to you again on October 11th!