Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

As my buddy Allan Stanglin pointed out in his blog yesterday, one of the joys of the holiday season for sports fans is the non-stop college football courtesy of the bowls. This year, I am participating in two different Yahoo bowl pools, one with a bunch of east coast friends through Toney Stowers, Family Minister at the Hurricane, WV Church of Christ and the other with a bunch of guys I don't know through Bobby Ross, editor of the Christian Chronicle.

Thanks to Utah's controversial win over Navy last night, I'm off to a 1-0 start!

----------------

One of the real attractive opportunities of preaching at Woodward Park is the opportunity to have a far-ranging impact. When I met with the elders in June, 2006, we talked about the possibility of recording my sermons on DVD and making them available to churches throughout the Valley that do not have a minister.

Thanks to Steve Knutsen and his cohorts, we now have six months worth of teaching ready to ship out. The first three series ready to go are on the Ten Commandments, the prophecy of Malachi, and Paul's letter to the Philippians.

If you would like DVD's of the Preaching Ministry at Woodward Park, you can email me at jim@wpcoc.com. If you know of a church that might benefit from them, especially any churches that might be short-handed on teachers or lack a preacher, let us know and we'll get DVD's in their hands to help them.

------------------

Finally, I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed holiday season. I don't know if I've ever looked more forward to a Christmas morning. There are no gifts for me under the tree and the anticipation I feel for the joy and excitement of my daughters' is profound!

Thank you all for praying for me and sending me encouragement. All of you who visit here and take the time to email me are so special to me. I do hope the blessing of faith in Jesus Christ propels you to greater service in the new year that looms ahead of us all.