Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Monterrey Bay Aquarium



Yesterday I spent six hours on a charter bus, watching Disney movies, listening to third graders cackle, even holding the trashbag while a motion-sick little girl threw up breakfast.

And I did it all with pure joy for the simple reason that my daughter asked me to. At the beginning of the school year, Trae asked me to chaperone her field trip this year. Now, there were a whole host of reasons to bail out and there have been times in my life past when I might have bailed out, but not anymore.

The Monterrey Bay Aquarium was awesome and Madison, Jaimee and Trae were a delight to tour around the Aquarium. And that says nothing about the day itself, one of the prettiest days imaginable. But the best part of the day was being with Trae and her friends and experiencing another majestic display of God's creative genius.