Friday, July 11, 2008

A Deaf Christian's Prayer

Do the angels sing in heaven, Lord?
Will I heard the music there?
Or must I stand in a corner,
While others join in prayer?
Will I wonder what they're saying, Lord,
Like I often do down here?
Must I sit still and be patient,
While the bells ring loud and clear?
Can I read your lips in heaven, Lord,
Or will I be brushed aside?
Will I hide my hands in my pocket
Because of wounded pride?
Will the saints of all stand to praise Thee,
While I in silence wait?
Will there be someone in heaven
To lead me through the gate?
And God who loveth the humble,
Whispered into the anxious deaf ear,
My child, has no one told you,
'There is no silence here'?
Hold out your hands, my little one,
For heaven all to see;
We've heard them pray so many times,
Each prayer reached up to Me.
"See, all the angels are waiting,
The gate is opened wide.
Your crown of life is waiting,
And I shall be your Guide.
I have a song to give you,
Your song shall be loud and clear.
Your songs of praise, my dear one,
Will be the sweetest song up here."
By: Dorothy Morgan