Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chick-fil-A Premiere Night




Gotta give all the love on this blog to my wonderful office staff, Barbara and Tina. Because of their consideration, my girls and I were able to attend the Premiere Night at the Blackstone Chick-fil-A.

On Monday afternoon, while I was away from the office, a representative from Chick-fil-A stopped by to distribute vouchers for free sandwiches. While she was there, Barbara and Tina showed her my blog and told her all about my unhealthy passion for all things Chick-fil-A.

When I returned to my office, my door was wallpapered with Chick-fil-A menus and an invitation to Premiere Night was awaiting me.

We attended the Premiere, along with many other pastors of various Fresno denominations, on Tuesday evening. It was truly red carpet treatment! Not only did we enjoy a sample of nearly every item on the menu but we brought home a haul of goodies. Trae and Tori tried out the play area; Mandy and I gorged on the dessert sampler.

I cannot even begin to share my delight at the thought of Chicken Biscuits, Chicken minis, Chick-fil-A sandwiches, and that most essential of all southern food staples, Sweet Tea!

My overwhelming gratitude this morning to Sonja Speck for moving from North Carolina to Fresno to operate Fresno's first free-standing Chick-fil-A and to Barbara and Tina for making Premiere Night a reality for my family.