Thursday, February 05, 2009

Special Prayer Request

Could you say a special prayer today for my dad and extended family? My dad's older brother, my uncle Gerald Gardner, is not expected to live through the end of this day.

My uncle was an outstanding football player, starring at Benton High School and then for the University of Arkansas where he played on Razorback teams with Barry Switzer, Fred Akers, and Lance Alworth. He graduated and went into coaching, serving at Harding Academy in Memphis, Benton, Texarkana and concluding his coaching career at El Dorado. After coaching, Uncle Gerald became an Administrator at El Dorado High School.

He and my Aunt Barbara raised three beautiful daughters who have given to them a quiver-full of beautiful grandsons.

For many years, my uncle served as an Elder at the College Avenue Church of Christ where Dan Williams does a fantastic job as Preaching Minister.

I will always remember my uncle for his passion for football, fishing in the Ouachita River, his family, and most especially, his faith.

This is a tough time for my dad, Aunt Barbara and the girls (Kim, Kristy, and Keri). I would very much appreciate your prayers for our family today.