Sunday, May 31, 2009

Traveling Mercy

When I went to South America to teach at the Bible Institute in Guyana several years ago, the universal refrain when I prepared to fly back to the states was, "Traveling Mercies." It was the Guyanese way of extending blessing to me as a traveler.

This weekend, Mandy, Tori and I experienced traveling mercy in a powerfully fresh way. Tonight I write in full assurance that I now have 150 new friends who are fellow recipients of the mercy of God. Today, I have 150 new family members to share this life's journey which will culminate in an eternal, heavenly family reunion.

Four one-hour sessions and one thirty-minute session over two days wore me out! But you never grew weary in sharing the discovery of God's Word regarding a faith that replaces all fear.

Thank you, Yorba Linda church family, for welcoming us, affirming us, sharing with us, and encouraging us. Together, we explored our fear factors and together, we discovered how trusting the faithfulness of God squelches all sources of fear.

Your mercy for our journey was right on time!

-------------

This particular leg of the journey has taken us into the heart of the O.C. (Angels' country). Tomorrow, Mandy, Tori and I will spend the day in the (alleged) "happiest place on the earth."

If you plan to be at Disney on Monday, look for us! I'll be the guy proudly wearing the Red Ranger hat!

-------------

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust, I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me" (Psalm 56.3-4)?

"So we say with confidence, 'The LORD is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me'" (Hebrews 13.6)?