Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Man, am I ever glad this morning to wake up to the blessings of a new day, knowing I am not Houston Nutt. Could the heat be any hotter on that guy?

--------------

This morning, Kenneth Tatum, one of our newest friends from New Orleans is beginning a new job. He's going to work for in landscaping for several days. He's also working toward getting a Texas Driver's License so he can begin work on a construction job in Johnson City.

--------------

Grab your Bible today and go read Galatians 1.11-24. Paul recounts his conversion and the power of God through Jesus Christ to change a life. Conversion is never the story of a great man or woman; it is always the story of a great God whose grace has the power to change.

When change in a person's life is evident, it becomes a source of praise. Notice Galatians 1.24: "and they praised God because of me."

Allowing God to work in my life -- to create in me a pure heart and to recreate in me the character of Jesus -- is a stimulus for praise. May today find us living in the way of Jesus so that the hearts of those around us are filled with joy and thanksgiving for the power of God.