Monday, October 10, 2005

For 9 days now, it has just been Trae and me. Mandy and Tori have been back in Arkansas but today they come home...and I (we) can't wait! Prayers for safe travel today for two of my favorite girls in the world as they come home.

Today, I will be blessed to speak to a group of Preachers at a luncheon in Early, Texas. My good friend, Kerry Williams, preaches for the "Early church" (get it?) and has invited me to share on any subject that would bless the ministers from his area. So, what do you say to a bunch of guys who supposedly already have all the answers?

Because of Sunday evening worship, I didn't get to see the finale of the Astros/Braves series. What a marathon. Roger Clemens getting the win in relief. The Astros win sets up a redux between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Astros for the NL pennant. The AL is still up-in-the-air: the White Sox are in and tonight in Disneyland, the Angels and Yankees play game five.