Friday, February 24, 2006

Tomorrow will mark the first birthday of my blog! Since I don't normally write on the weekends, I thought I'd write today in celebration of a year of writing, reflection, Texas Rangers commentary and memories of my family.

My normal morning routine is to get to the office as soon as I drop Trae off from school and write my blog. It is therapeutic for me and serves as a kind of personal journal that I don't mind sharing with you.

Since putting my sitemeter on in July, over 8,000 visits have been made here and I appreciate all of you who drop by.

-----------------------

Let me tell you what I am planning. There is a really neat creation called Blog Binders who can take your blog off-line and put it into a bound, paper edition of the things published in a blog.

As Mandy and I talked over a wonderful dinner last night at Russo's -- the best place to eat, by far, in Marble Falls -- we decided it would be really special to have the Blog Binder folks do their magic on my blog. Then, when our girls are older, we'll give them this as a gift.

My single greatest desire in life is that my girls grow up to be Women of Faith. I'm praying that down the road, the thoughts I share here will be an asset toward that goal.

-----------------------

Have there been more songs penned from Psalm 95.1-7 than any other short text of Scripture?

Come let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before Him with thanksgiving
and extol Him with music and song.

For the LORD is a great God,
the great King above all gods.
In His hands are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to Him.
The sea is His, for He made it,
and His hands formed the dry land.

Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
for He is our God
and we are the people of His pasture,
the flock under His care.


-------------------------

Two big events to pray about this weekend. Tomorrow, Rick and Gail return to Cambodia to renew their mission endeavor along the Mekong River. Prayers and blessings to you, Rick and Gail.

Also, this weekend, Jerry and Lynn Jones will begin their four-day Marriage Matters Seminar with the Marble Falls church.