Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm going to assume those of you who visit here regularly must have thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth. Not quite, but the last ten days have provided a flurry of ministry opportunities and spiritual blessings.

The old hymn says, "Anywhere is home if Christ my Lord is there." I have certainly felt the reality of that in the last ten days. First, the family at the Gilmer Church of Christ warmly received me -- and Mandy the last day of my stay -- and my messages and I trust the Word continues to work. Then, it was off to Fresno, California and the Woodward Park Church of Christ, an amazingly diverse congregation of Anglos, Cambodians, Laotians and Hmong. There are four different assemblies each Sunday in four different languages. Additionally, the Woodward Park church sponsors an inner-city ministry in downtown Fresno reaching out to the Hispanic population in the inner-city.

From a comfortable rural church to a thriving urban congregation, I met new friends, witnessed the wonderful way in which the living Word of God is still active in transforming lives, and, in both places with polar opposite cultures, I felt...at home!