Friday, November 03, 2006

You've seen the bumper sticker, haven't you? "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work." I can't say that applies in my case because I love my work. I love working with people and the thrill of my calling -- to craft messages true to God's Word that feed and nourish the spiritual well-being of those who hear.

I've often heard people say that they love their job so much that they've "never worked a day." I feel the same way!

But, in spite of that blessing, today I'm going fishing. Dave Gowen has invited me to join him this morning at Shaver Lake for some trout fishing. I haven't been trout fishing since my junior year of college.

It'll be good to get away for a day and enjoy nature, the beauty of God's creation, and some good fellowship with my "Razorback buddy" Dave (who just happens to be a native Arkansan from the thriving metropolis of Dierks).

Have a great day, a great weekend, and spread the light of God's love as you move and interact in your world.