Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cayucos

For the first time in I can't remember when, my dear wife and I get a break for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong, we love our girls very much, but occasionally, a couple need a getaway.

Our getaway begins today.

For the next two days, Mandy and I are going to enjoy some R&R time on the central California coast. Based upon a recommendation, we are going to Cayucos. We've been to San Francisco. We've been to Monterrey. Our summer vacation plans are to take the girls to San Diego for some time at the World Famous San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and...for dad, some Padres baseball at Petco Park.

Today, though, it's just me and my bride. This is our first trip to the central coast and we are excited about taking in Cayucos and Morro Bay. As an added bonus, this getaway is motivated by the fact that Saturday is Mandy's birthday (no, I'm not telling you how old she is!)

Here's hoping you have a blessed Thursday and Friday. I am anticipating the down time on the coast will be a blessing for us. I'll be back on Monday with a special tribute to a special man who just happens to share a birthday with Mandy.

Till then, "the Lord bless you and keep you. May he be gracious unto you and give you peace."

----------------

Cayucos Trip Update (I typed the above on Wednesday afternoon): Well, our weekend getaway has been postponed for three weeks. Mandy has come down with the flu and is running a temperature of 101. I am thankful that the Cayucos Beach Inn is kind enough to allow us to move our reservation.

Oh well...guess I'll be back at the blog tomorrow.