Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Going Home

There's a new addition to my links. My great friend, Allan Stanglin -- the new Preaching Minister for the Legacy Church of Christ in North Richland Hills, Texas -- has begun blogging. You'll get a kick out of Allan's insights. Give it a look today.

-----------------

Speaking of blogs, check out this entry by my little sister. Are the words insanely jealous an appropriate response?

-----------------

We're going home today and going home never meant so much is it does today. I am so excited about getting to meet my little niece and nephew face-to-face. I'm excited about watching my girls play with their baby cousins. I am excited about the impact all the young life of the kids will have on our entire family. I'm excited about the full-day of visits in Hot Springs Village on Wednesday with many dear brothers and sisters who have encouraged me through the years. And I am excited about getting to see and spend time with my parents and my grandparents.

Going home is great! And yet, I sense that today's journey is but a living parable of the ultimate home-going; the journey into eternity and the presence of our Heavenly Father.

I'm going to take a blog vacation until Monday when First Principles Day Camp begins in earnest. God has blessed us with 8 baptisms the last 4 weeks and I'm praying that Day Camp and YBC will only yield more productive kingdom fruit!

Till then, read Revelation 21: a divine postcard from the destination of our ultimate home-going journey.