Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Profiting from the Prophets, #5

What James A. Garfield was to the Presidency, Cecil Cooper is among Major League Baseball managers.

With the dismissal of Phil Garner as skipper of the Astros, Cecil Cooper is the new manager of the Astros. Here is a past article in the Christian Chronicle by my cyber-buddy and fellow Rangers' fan, Bobby Ross, on Cooper and his faith. Bobby's article points out that Coop leads singing for the Anderson Street Church of Christ in Sealy, Texas during the off-season and worships at various downtown Houston church's during the season.

-------------------

I appreciate the interest in last week's discussion on the prophets. Today, answer me this: among all of God's prophets in the Old Testament, who do you have the greatest admiration for? Whose prophecy is particularly striking to you for the message conveyed?

Email me today at jim@wpcoc.com. As I teach through the Prophets on Wednesday nights and preach through Malachi on Sunday nights, I remain intensely interested in the level of understanding and appreciation among our heritage for the role of the prophets.

I look forward to what you share with me today.