Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's a Small World After All

How many of you have seen this? What a harrowing video.

----------------

It is amazing how small the world has become! Thanks to the Internet and its warp speed in providing instant communication, the world has shrunk. One can now communicate instantly across the globe.

For example, in my last blog post, I mentioned the honor that had come my way via the invitation of my home congregation, the Northside Church of Christ in Benton, Arkansas, to return and speak for their Friends Day on March 30th. Later that day, on mysaline.com (a social networking site devoted to my home county, Saline County, Arkansas), the creator, Shelli Russell, made the following post.

Then, if that isn't enough, Shelli noticed people began arriving at her site from a link on Jimmy Mitchell's blog. After investigating this Jimmy Mitchell, Shelli discovered she and Jimmy were long-lost pals during their college days at UALR.

"I noticed that someone kept coming to my site, MySaline.com from jimmymitchell.blogspot.com, so I decided to check out who this Jimmy Mitchell dude is. I saw your picture, and sweet mother of pearl, it turned out to be the guy who sat next to me in Art History at UALR! I don't know if I ever even knew your last name. I would just holler out at you across campus: "Jimmyyyyyyy!!!!" And you'd holler: "Shelliiiiiiiii!"

Small world or what? And in an effort to do my part in inviting a guest to Friends Day at Benton, Shelli, I am inviting you and your family to join us on Sunday, March 30th at 9:00 a.m. at the Northside Church of Christ (917 North East Street) in Benton.