Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God's Majesty


Today's mountain majesty comes courtesy of my old Razorback buddy, Dave Gowen. Dave took this picture near Wood Lake and it does a much better job capturing the beauty of the snow-peaked Sierra than my effort posted up last week.

I still thrill every February through April at the diverse beauty of the California landscape. The hills near the coast are greener now than any other time of year, making me and my sweetie long for a get-away to Cayucos. The Sierras are breathtaking with the snow caps. And yesterday, down in the Valley, the first buds on our Magnolia tree, affectionately known to our family as "Nelda," opened with magnificent white blooms.

My eyes are telling me what my heart knows is true -- this creation we are blessed to experience is no accident!

"You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness, O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by your power..." (Psalm 65.5-6).

--------------

P.S. The little note yesterday about free breakfast at CFA wasn't just for me. All of Fresno is invited! Today, it's chicken, egg, and cheese bagels. Each day this week, a different breakfast item is available for free from 6:30 - 10:30 a.m.