Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Health Threats

Thanks for bearing with me over the last week. One week ago, I was stricken with a severe case of food poisoning (no, it wasn't from Chick-fil-A, thank heavens!). One trip to the Emergency Room, two liters of fluid, and about five days of recovering later, I'm feeling back to normal.


Trust me, the flu is far preferable to food poisoning. I pray that is a once-in-a-lifetime experience as I never want to go through that ever again!


-----------------------


Timothy Dolan was recently appointed the archbishop of New York. Last year, in a lecture on preaching, he made the following observation:


"Maybe the greatest threat to the church is not heresy, not dissent, not secularism, not even moral relativism, but this sanitized, feel-good, boutique, therapeutic spirituality that makes no demands, calls for no sacrifice, asks for no conversion, entails not battle against sin, but only soothes and affirms" ("Church News" Times-Dispatch, Richmond, VA, 2-25-09, A-10).